Issue w/ Windows 10 listing me twice as a user on the Windows login screen

peppergomez

2[H]4U
Hey all,

I am not sure if this is a bug in Windows or part of the "user experience" that I am not handling properly.

I have a single Windows account, so until a few minutes ago there was just one option - my name - when at the Windows login screen where I am prompted to enter my PIN.

I have am signed into this single Windows account on both my laptop and my desktop.

My laptop keyboard has begun to malfunction,so I wanted to remove the need to sign in when rebooting. I went into Settings>Sign In Options, and set Require Sign-In to Never. I also had to reset my Windows password b/c I forgot it.

I then rebooted both my laptop and my desktop. Not only do I still have to enter my PIN, but now I see two instances of my name, plus a message stating that my computer is unable to connect right now (connect to what? the internet? my Windows account?).

I'm at a loss as to what happened here, or how to fix it. In Control Panel>User Accounts, I still just see my single Windows account, which has Administrator status.

I can log in using one of the names in the signup, by using my PIN. My new Windows password is inexplicably NOT accepted.

Can someone help me deal with this second instance of my name and get Windows to no longer require any kind of PIN or password when rebooting?

Thanks.

3288115506_20180810_171836.jpg 2681434585_20180810_171348.jpg

Hey all,

I am not sure if this is a bug in Windows or part of the "user experience" that I am not handling properly.

I have a single Windows account, so until a few minutes ago there was just one option - my name - when at the Windows login screen where I am prompted to enter my PIN.

I have am signed into this single Windows account on both my laptop and my desktop.

My laptop keyboard has begun to malfunction,so I wanted to remove the need to sign in when rebooting. I went into Settings>Sign In Options, and set Require Sign-In to Never. I also had to reset my Windows password b/c I forgot it.

I then rebooted both my laptop and my desktop. Not only do I still have to enter my PIN, but now I see two instances of my name, plus a message stating that my computer is unable to connect right now (connect to what? the internet? my Windows account?).

I'm at a loss as to what happened here, or how to fix it. In Control Panel>User Accounts, I still just see my single Windows account, which has Administrator status.

I can log in using one of the names in the signup, by using my PIN. My new Windows password is inexplicably NOT accepted.

Can someone help me deal with this second instance of my name and get Windows to no longer require any kind of PIN or password when rebooting?

Thanks.

View attachment 95409 View attachment 95410

One of my work collegues has almost this same problem in his virtual windows (two logins of which only one works). Really annoying. I don't want to spend my time fixing windows problems anymore so I haven't bothered to see how to fix it.

Back