Issue Accessing a Single Site w FireFox

[Spectre]

[H] Admin
Staff member
I keep getting "connection was reset while the page was loading" error with firefox when trying to access one site (it is just one site and just one particular part of that site). It stays that way for a few mintues then I can refresh and get back in. I did the whole sweep (MS antispy, avast, Symantec Corporate 10) as soon as it happened. Still looking for a second good spyware program for x64 since ewido doesn't work though.
If anyone has an ideas I am glad to hear them. BTW it is Firefox 1.5 on Windows XP Pro x64. Avast (IDS, HTTP monitor), Symantec Corporate 10 (AV), MS antispyware, and hardware firewall in the router.

Thanks guys/gals

Are you using a non-transparent proxy? I've had a similar issue with ISA 2004, the Firewall Client, and a non-proxy configured FireFox. As soon as I enabled the proxy in FF (so the firewall client did pass the authentication), everything worked fine. But, that's a really specific case.

MorfiusX said:
Are you using a non-transparent proxy? I've had a similar issue with ISA 2004, the Firewall Client, and a non-proxy configured FireFox. As soon as I enabled the proxy in FF (so the firewall client did pass the authentication), everything worked fine. But, that's a really specific case.

Avast's webshield is supposed to be a transparent proxy. I will try it out again when I am back at that system and see if that is the issue. It was just rather random that it happened just this once (so far) when previous tiems it had not.

Well back at home again and it is happening again tonight. Turning off avast's proxy to see if it changes anything.

Back