ISO Game Recommendations for Murder/Mystery Genre

sammy5gs

Limp Gawd
Hey All...

I am looking for any recommendations for a pc game that involves action/adventure w/RPG w/puzzles. You see, the significant other is pissed I keep getting games for me (Max Payne 2, Madden 2004, Warcraft, GTA Vice City, etc), and she would like something for her.

She has played games like Ripper (old, 1997 I think), Phantasmagoria, , Sanitarium, Gabriel Knight series, etc, and she really digs those. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sammy5gs

My wife digs those games... Phanasmagoria 2 was cool.

Have her check out Siberia, Phantasmgoria 2, The Tex Murphy games (Pandora Directive, and Under a Killing Moon), my wife says the Tex Murphy games are some of the best of that type.

The Myst series is also in that vein.

Second on Syberia. Also, by the same company I think, Post Mortem was a fun adventure game. Centers around a murder mystery, but gets a little deeper than that as you go.

Again...Really old, but The 11th Hour was really cool, as was the game before it - The 7th Guest.

Gothic I/II(good rpg/adventure games, not really puzzles though)

Dark Earth (good, unique feeling adventure game)
Redjack (pirate'y adventure game)
The longest journey
Syberia

Syberia was ok, but its nothing next to the longest journey. The story is amazing and the puzzles are very taxing.

If she's up for comedy puzzle games, try the monkey island series. They're hilarious.

Yoda's Stories....not much RPGin, but it got a few puzzles..

Wouldn't it be better that she told you what she wants? Gamers can be particular about their games.

If you want something recent, check into "Runaway - A road adventure" and "Broken Sword 3".

I recently replayed the old Broken Sword 1 & 2 games. Worked fine (Win2K). They're great graphical adventures, so if she can live with the aged graphics and not-so-crisp sound that'd be a cheap good investment IMHO.

Back