Is Windows Live One care any good?

I had nothing but problems with version 1.5, but I recently tried 2.0, because of a good deal on the new subscription, and it seems to work much better.

Nothing 'windows' is good.

:rolleyes:

nothing beats using: avast anti-virus, ad-aware, ccleaner, and windows defender. best part is they're all free. i suppose one care would be fine for someone who is a novice but we know better and will recommend somethin else :)

Nothing 'windows' is good.
Nothing like trolling along with worthless crap.
:i suppose one care would be fine for someone who is a novice but we know better and will recommend somethin else :)
I guess my eleven years in IT makes me a novice then. It's a decent program that handles a variety of tasks all in one interface. It's simple to use, does the job, and can cover three PCs for between $10 and $20 a year, which makes it one of the cheapest paid solutions around.

Whatsisname, I agree, windoze is t3h suxors

markt435, I have been running Antivir (free) for years with very good results, however adaware is very questionable from what I have read and experienced.

DeaconFrost, as usual you have some outstanding advice along with a lot of experience. I remember when MS came out with a "free trial" of adware blocking software, and I was impressed. For a dollar or so a month, Liveone may be worth a try, even though I have never had any kind of malware or virus problems..... fingers crossed.

I guess my eleven years in IT makes me a novice then. It's a decent program that handles a variety of tasks all in one interface. It's simple to use, does the job, and can cover three PCs for between $10 and $20 a year, which makes it one of the cheapest paid solutions around.

i wont say its not a decent program. but there are a number of programs that are free which do just as good of a job if not better.

this review says to spend more money to get Norton or McAfee products if you want more options: http://reviews.cnet.com/online-software-services/windows-live-onecare/4505-9239_7-31899024.html

we all know how much of a performance hog Norton is. I used to swear by McAfee a couple years ago but Avast has done a good job at protecting my computer without having to pay for it.

again, i suppose if you want to "set it and forget it" just go with onecare. if you want some more options, look elsewhere.

I am a proponent of just not getting any malware on my pc. Learn to avoid the bad stuff. Periodically I do a scan with 3 or 4 different scanners. In 5 years I have had one trojan, which was a result of my own stupidity (downloaded a screensaver.) So just tighten up your firewall and use your head.

Back