Is this ram good for OC or bad decition?

infin|ty

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ufactory=1666&description=&page=2&listStyle=2

6th one down, the one for $133.00.

I recently bought this ram for OCing my system, was this a good buy for OC? Says Low Latency but in the review I think someone says that newegg was lieing? I have a NF7-S mobo and my barton 2500+ is at 2.21ghz and cant get 2.3ghz even w/ vcore at 1.92v. help.

Oh one other question, I have a FSB:Memory ratio in my BIOS and it was on auto and I read around and heard 1:1 is best for amds but 6:6, 5:5, 4:4, 3:3, 2:2 are all 1:1 ratios... what is the best one to put it on?

Thanks

im some what at the stage that you are in :)

i just bought a nf7-s V2 from newegg one of hte best places for MOST of the stuff...

there ram is far too expensive in view i dont need some of it...

i went with dual channel INFINEON/ MICRON pc3700 for $168 1GB kit :D

and i think i will mostly run it at around 200-233? i also want to know what timings i can push the INFINEON/MICRON mem to? at the website they say its 2-2.5 cas btw...

im probably looking at 216x 9.5x or 10x as thats how far this cpu will go that i have its a 2100XP

latency is listed right on the page:
Specification
Manufacturer: Corsair
Speed: DDR466(PC3700)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 3-4-4-8
Support Voltage: 2.6V
Bandwidth: 3.7GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

This ram is not great for Athlon based boards as it is high latency@3-4-4-8.

Even the Corsair pc3200C2 is better.

well you didnt say anything about price or what speed you want it to run, so i would have to say go for low latency if you got the $$$

and as far as my mem.. well it seems not to like cas2 for some reason but i was able to run it at 215 or so around at 2.5 3 3 11 <--- 11 performes better for me then with 6 or any other values in between

i know my ram was cheap :rolleyes: but i payed for 1GB 168 and not for 1 stick of 512mb that some sell for that

so i dont really care too much, as it seems the mobo cant even go past 225 or so with the worst timings set...

also i think for best o/c if you care good brand name is key and also look at what other people have said what works best for nf7-'s

as it seems brands and type of mem matters a lot for that extra bit of o/c but if you are like me then you could go with something cheap and save the money and get 1GB for the price of a brand name 512mb

i was hoping to hit cas2 but oh well :(

Back