OK, here is my situation:
1. I have a set of Logitech z-560s. I replaced the satellites with some Ebay purchased Klipschs 5.1 satellites. I also have one of the original z-560 satellites connected to an old Dell/HK 2-way speaker to give me a cheap 5.1 setup. It works
2. My OS is Vista. I have my 32-bit version on my RAID drive and a 64-bit version on a separate drive. Why? Testing purposes for a company I do some moonlighting work for.
3. I am getting quite fed up with PC soundcards (in general) and Creative (in particular). As you might guess, I have a Creative soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS).
So, here is what I would *like* to do:
1. Dump the Creative card (I really could not care less about EAX), and use my Asus P5W DH Deluxe integrated Realtek soundcard, which has released Vista drivers.
2. Purchase a HT receiver (I am partial to Yamaha), use the optical output from the Realtek card, and hook up the Klipsch/Logitech satellites.
3. Drive the Logitech Sub from the HT receiver.
I would like to pour my money into a decent receiver now and simply upgrade the speakers over time. Got to keep the costs down, or my wife would probably shoot me!
So my dilemma is this:
The Z-560 sub uses a DIN input connector from the Control Pod. Would it possible to mod the sub to accept a line-level input from the receiver? Has anyone done something similar to this? Or can I simply plug in one cable to the RCA control pod input? Or am I simply crazy to try such a cheap solution for the sub?
Thanks for any insight into a mod such as this.
1. I have a set of Logitech z-560s. I replaced the satellites with some Ebay purchased Klipschs 5.1 satellites. I also have one of the original z-560 satellites connected to an old Dell/HK 2-way speaker to give me a cheap 5.1 setup. It works
2. My OS is Vista. I have my 32-bit version on my RAID drive and a 64-bit version on a separate drive. Why? Testing purposes for a company I do some moonlighting work for.
3. I am getting quite fed up with PC soundcards (in general) and Creative (in particular). As you might guess, I have a Creative soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS).
So, here is what I would *like* to do:
1. Dump the Creative card (I really could not care less about EAX), and use my Asus P5W DH Deluxe integrated Realtek soundcard, which has released Vista drivers.
2. Purchase a HT receiver (I am partial to Yamaha), use the optical output from the Realtek card, and hook up the Klipsch/Logitech satellites.
3. Drive the Logitech Sub from the HT receiver.
I would like to pour my money into a decent receiver now and simply upgrade the speakers over time. Got to keep the costs down, or my wife would probably shoot me!
So my dilemma is this:
The Z-560 sub uses a DIN input connector from the Control Pod. Would it possible to mod the sub to accept a line-level input from the receiver? Has anyone done something similar to this? Or can I simply plug in one cable to the RCA control pod input? Or am I simply crazy to try such a cheap solution for the sub?
Thanks for any insight into a mod such as this.