Is there such a thing as a faux wallplate?

ZeroX

2[H]4U
I've used keystone jacks to put in cable drops before, and they get the job done, but I'm curious if there's something like a keystone jack that allows for a front-open plug, like any other wallplate. Do they exist?

ZeroX said:
I've used keystone jacks to put in cable drops before, and they get the job done, but I'm curious if there's something like a keystone jack that allows for a front-open plug, like any other wallplate. Do they exist?

you mean like an access door to the jack?

No, not exactly. I'm having a hard time trying to explain this...

A normal wallplate just has a plug facing outward, yes? And you just plug straight into it?

I want to be able to do that with a keystone jack, which normally requires you to plug into the top or bottom of the jack.

Well, I want a wallplate-esque thing, but I want the jack facing outward.

The reason for all of this is because I need to wire up an apartment but I am not allowed to mar the walls - I could use keystone jacks, but I want it to look nicer and have a front-facing plug like a normal wall jack.

ZeroX said:
Well, I want a wallplate-esque thing, but I want the jack facing outward.

The reason for all of this is because I need to wire up an apartment but I am not allowed to mar the walls - I could use keystone jacks, but I want it to look nicer and have a front-facing plug like a normal wall jack.

you want surface mount boxes and tracks then
check ebay ;)

Back