Is there an order of componets for a watercooling setup?

CompMage

Gawd
Ok I'm about to shell out for a nice water cooling system to go in a C3 Acrilic full tower. What I need to know is is there and order that things need to be in such as

Reservoir
Pump
CPU
Chipset
VPU (Video card)
Radiator

I know the CPU, Chipset, VPU has to be in that order. I just need to know the rest. Thanks. Oh yea what fluids are you guys using. I've seen a few liquids out there. I've been looking for the stuff 3M makes that won't conduct electric but I can't find a place to buy it.

Thanks!

res-->Pump--->rad-->cpu-->chipset-->gpu

u always want the res before the pump, and its recommended to put the rad after the pump to dissipate the heat the pump dumps into the water

I would put the radiator in front of the CPU after the pump, other than that it looks fine. I'm sure someone will tell you to leave it the way it is, it's really just different opinions. There's kind of a long running argument about this.

Distilled water works fine, you will probably want to add some sort of additive like waterwetter to prevent any corrosion or biological growth.

The res should always go before the pump, but other than that it is best to route tubes the shortest and easiest way. The delta T between the inlet and the outlet of the heatercore is probably less than 1c, so there is no real point. The reason the res should be before the pump is very practical: it allows for proper priming of the pump and prevents harmful cavitation that can cause noise and eventually destroy a pump.

Thanks, that will help alot. All else fails I'll just redo it a few times in diffrent orders.

Back