Is there a step by step guide on Acrobat Prof. 8 to scan 100 pages document?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
say I need to scan 100 pages piece of paper that I want to group into 1 big book, as such 1 single PDF file.

Does Adobe Professional 8 do that? If so, is there a step by step ? And what file format do you scan it?

It depends mostly on what type of scanner you are using. On a multi-feed scanner, it happens automatically. On a single sheet scanner, like a flat bed scanner, it will prompt you after each page if you want to continue, or finish the file.

I don't have multi feed. What about a scan w/ photos, would the photo quality be better if I scan the page in a JPG format vs. a PDF format?

Others may disagree, but I choose a format based on what it will be used for. If it is just a photo, that will be printed as a photo, I stick to an image file format. If it is a mix, with text, like an article with a photo, I stick to PDF.

You could always scan it as a word document, and then within word you can convert to PDF.

Only if your scanner software doesn't directly save to PDF.

I use the basic driver TWAIN that c/w the scanner, a Lexmark X6100. I simply want the simplest procedure to do the above. What software do you use to do yours?

Back