is there a 478 AND 775 compatbile pci x16 board?

Canon20d

Weaksauce
ive got a 478 2.6c and want to get a 7800XTC but i need PCI-e but i dont think i need to upgrade EVERYTHING yet (MB, CPU, RAM AND Video)
So is there one that will take as much of what i have already without getting killed?
i have pc3200 DDR ram, 2.6C @ 3.25 478 P4 and AGP 5700U
I could sell all of it but that means either a lot of credit, or a loss of downtime lol :)
Anything i can do to use as much of it as i can for a bit?

Albatron makes a 915P-based socket 478 board. That would be a nice choice if you don't want to leave socket 478 yet. It also takes your regular DDR1. I haven't seen any reviews on it, but albatron makes very solid boards. (speaking from personal experience)

the albatron is a solid MB in 478 inexpensive at $99 and a good overclocker.

it seemed like there was a weird sis based MB that could support 775/Tsockets/478/sockets and AMD's 754/939 with an add in card that went into the pci-express slot .

but i think it was more of a developers tool than something for everybody type of thing. and as i recall the add on cpu cards are over $50 -- so i don't see much economy in it.

somebody told me the otherday (scuttlebutt) that asus makes a 478/ pci-express MB like the albatron--but i haven't seen one. something to look in to .

JSF35rhino said:
somebody told me the otherday (scuttlebutt) that asus makes a 478/ pci-express MB like the albatron--but i haven't seen one. something to look in to .
its on their website, but ive yet to see it anywhere :(

yea --thats cool .

i think the 915s have been updated to preform on par with the 875p's -- although i don't think there would much it any gain from a 875p-- i don't think ther would be a loss

Back