is their an drive emulator that i can burn to

i would like to burn my audible books to a cd, but i have an radio(one of those combo things) that can read mp3's. audible only lets you burn as a audio cd, and nothing else can read it. is their an drive emulator that i can set audible to burn to, so i can convert it to mp3's(so i dont have to make about 36 cd's out of my 6 books) also, it would let me listen to them in foobar, wich would be EXTREMELY nice... anyway does anyone know of sutch a program?

I'm not familiar with the Audible software, but is there anyway you could create an ISO of the burn project, and then use a program like Daemon Tools or something, to mount it, and rip the subsequent tracks to mp3?

Alternatively, I found this forum discussion... that may be a bit more convenient.

theDot said:
I'm not familiar with the Audible software, but is there anyway you could create an ISO of the burn project, and then use a program like Daemon Tools or something, to mount it, and rip the subsequent tracks to mp3?

that is what im trying to do(save an iso). and link you gave me seems to need a cd each new burn(which negates the whole point of saveing 36 cd's) also, it would meen that all the files are broken up, into about 6 different parts each, which is also kinda annoying, thanks for the segustion anyway :)

the_village_treky said:
that is what im trying to do(save an iso). and link you gave me seems to need a cd each new burn(which negates the whole point of saveing 36 cd's) also, it would meen that all the files are broken up, into about 6 different parts each, which is also kinda annoying, thanks for the segustion anyway :)

You should be able to create an ISO within Roxio instead of doing an actual burn...?

Do you have Nero? Nero has an Imagedrive that you can select so that it goes through the "burn process" and makes a perfectly loadable ISO.

Back