Is Outlook's Advanced find jacked up?

KaosDG

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys.

We're having an issue with Outlook / Exchange (both 2003 versions).

Some users are trying to search e-mails in their mailboxes, and the advanced find isn't returning all results, or it returns NO results.

I've verified this, for searching for keywords that I *know* are valid.

Even an e-mail that I am looking directly at, will not show up in search results.

I've tried all sorts of permutations on the search options, as well as the keywords.

Has anyone seen this issue before? It's frustrating because a few users have used the search before to recall specific e-mails, and now those e-mails aren't showing up so they keep accusing me of deleting their mail ( :rolleyes: )

Edit: Some extra relevant info:

Mailboxes are on Exchange 2003
2 servers in the site (happens on both servers)
Outlook is 2003 SP3, and Outlook 2000 (whatever the latest sp is on that also)

Full-text indexes are built on both information stores - I suspect that this *might* be part of the issue, but looking at the last build time it shows today, and e-mails that aren't showing up are of varying dates.

Chatted with our help desk about a similar issue two weeks ago, the quick find wasn't finding emails but advanced find was - last I heard it was escalated to the exchange guru on site and possibly to MS directly.

I'll check in with them on Tuesday and see if I can update this thread.

MS says they fixed this issue with 07... i don't think they plan on fixing it in 03. typical MS answer. just upgrade and it will work... i've seen the same thing at my company. once i was able to fix it with a redo of the OST file.. only worked once or twice tho.. so sounds like a random error. g/l

Back