• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Is my LCD defective? Backlight issue

iqonoqlast

n00b
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
21
The CCFL responsible for backlighting the top portion of the screen is dimmer than the rest to the point where on a solid coloured wallpaper it looks like there's a slight gradient. Is this a defect with my specific LCD or a problem with this model or a problem with LCDs in general?

I can still return it, if they have any in stock. I paid $380 after tax...16ms response. I don't need the monitor at this time since I have a 21" FD Trinitron, but this would help preserve my eyesight.

Should I just exchange it, or return it and buy another 17" during Xmas when they should be cheaper?

It's the Sharp 172A: http://www.sharpsystems.com/products/lcd_monitors/15-17_inch/ll-172a/
 
Back
Top