Is it safe to have two DVD players in one system?

Nielo TM

Gawd
Long story short:D , is it possible to have WinDVD6 and TheaterTek in one system? Would the programs cause any kind of conflict that result in BSOD or any playback disruptions?:confused:

PS: If you want to hear the whole story, here it is;) . I’ve been using WinDVD 6 for a very long time and I was very happy with it, until now! The problem is that the sound quality of DD tracks are quite average. So tried PowerDVD 7 trial (latest version). Upon testing, the DD tracks seemed more dynamic (which is what I wanted) but the playback quality turned out to be awful (continues stutter and freezing).

Afterwards, I tried WinDVD 8 trail (latest version). Soon after opening the program, it crashed and caused numerous problems during un-installation.

Then I tried TheaterTek. It was simply amazing; and it actually works lol. However, there’s one little problem. It can’t seem to play multiple MPEG 2 files from the hard drive.

Should be fine, I once had a bunch of video players on my system as well. PowerDVD, WinDVD, Zoom Player, the crappier ATi DVD player...

thx for the reply bashPenguin

After some intense testing, it looks TheaterTek also have the same problem. I think it's time for me to upgrade to SP2.

Edit: Does SP2 improve video performance?

i doubt sp2 will drastically improve video performance. in the long run you're better off using a better video player with a better set of codecs than the players you have been using. i've been using the cccp codec package for a little over a year and i highly recommend it.

Back