is 3.17 on the 3.3 bad?

dubbyah

Limp Gawd
i have an enermax liberty 600w

its puting out 3.17 on the 3.3

is that bad?

the 3.3v goes to my PCI-E graphics card, right? it's a 6800GT

thanks for the help

How are you checking the voltages? If it's software, ignore the reading, and use a multimeter.

towert7 said:
Only problem with testing it that way is that you are testing the optimal voltage. The voltage may very well change when a load is put on the PSU.
It tells you to test at idle & at load. ;)

davidhammock200 said:
It tells you to test at idle & at load. ;)
That's not what I'm getting at. I didn't mean "load" as in processor usage, i'm talking about an electrical device connected to a specific power "rail".

For example, if your 12V rail is unused, and you measure it with a multimeter, you may very well get a different voltage than if you measured the same 12V rail that now has a few things connected to it.
Independent of what the processor is doing (whether at idle or at 100% load).

You do your measurements with everything attached and running as per normal. It's not rocket surgery.

I think dave means, when you're not doing anything. No programs running, no games running. Just sitting on the desktop. Then fire up your favorite game, and measure again.

Bbq said:
I think dave means, when you're not doing anything. No programs running, no games running. Just sitting on the desktop. Then fire up your favorite game, and measure again.
Yep, it's that easy. ;)

Back