iPod = 399 + 69??

jaguar_22

Limp Gawd
I just bought a 20GB and the lady who sold it to me at CompUSA was adamant about me purchasing the "AppleCare Protection Plan" for 69.99 on top of the 400 dollars I'm already spending on this thing, not to mention the fact that I have to spend 20 more on the damn USB/1394 splitter.

is there any warranty at all on the iPod without paying this extra 70 dollars? because from the way this lady was construeing it, it sounded like there's no coverage on it whatsoever unless you buy the AppleCare package.

anyone here know anything about this?

comes with a 1 year warrantee, and within that one year you can buy applecare for an additional 2 years.

Compusa really pimps those warrenties, got a stick of memory from them and the guy really tried to get me to buy a warrenty for it. Although my experiece has been that after the warrenty is over that's when the troubles start....:/

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
Compusa really pimps those warrenties, got a stick of memory from them and the guy really tried to get me to buy a warrenty for it. Although my experiece has been that after the warrenty is over that's when the troubles start....:/
Do they pimp the CompUSA warranty or the AppleCare warranty? Cause he got the AppleCare; not the CompUSA one.

Originally posted by Methodical
comes with a 1 year warrantee, and within that one year you can buy applecare for an additional 2 years.

yes and no here...you can purchase with in the first year (warante period) but will only give an additional 1 year on the ipods...APP for the computers gives 2 more years but to answer the original question yes the warante is 1 year parts and labor and 90 days phone support but with the app on the ipod you get 2 years on both and that will even cover the battery if it is depleted more than 50% from advertised (if I remember right)

Originally posted by fibroptikl
Do they pimp the CompUSA warranty or the AppleCare warranty? Cause he got the AppleCare; not the CompUSA one.
Yes and no. If I bought something Apple then yes, if it was for a PC then it was their warrenty (one friend bought a Mac, another bought an iPod).

Plus the iPod Applecare plan is only 59.99.

Out of warranty repairs on iPod. $250. Flat rate. You do the math. Plus after 6 months, if you have to send your iPod in for repair. You pay the shipping if you don't have the Applecare.

It's pretty silly to buy their warranty on memory. Most memory manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty on their ram.

Back