IPMI View woes

meatling

Weaksauce
Hi,

I try to set up a workstation without monitor, keyboard or mouse, running under Windows 7 and to be operated via IPMI by a KVM console running on a Windows XP box.

The workstation has a Supermicro H8SGL-F motherboard. It's sort of working, but the intended mode of operation leaves just a bit to be desired.

My biggest gripe right now is this: I have a dual monitor setup on my local machine, and I would like to see the workstation's desktop in full screen mode on my secondary monitor.

I would log in via Supermicro's "IPMI View", then launch its KVM console and see my remote Windows 7 desktop all right. Then I move the console window to the secondary monitor, activate the console menu entry "Options -> Full-Screen Mode" and woops!: the console goes full screen, but it jumps to the primary monitor. Is there any way to prevent this? Why can it not stay put on the monitor where it was opened in the first place, like every other Windows program does?

The KVM console reads "Java iKVM Viewer v1.68 r1" in the title bar, and the most recent runtime library is installed. Does anyone know whether there are alternative console programs that would not have this behavior?

Back