• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

IPMI / AMT 8.0 w/ Socket 2011

darkdub

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
102
Has anyone read about IPMI / AMT 8.0 support with the relatively new socket 2011 processors from Intel? I haven't been able to find anything definitive one way or the other.

I'm getting ready to upgrade my basement lab, and this time around I'd like to have remote KVM access to all of my systems. At the moment, my top pick is the Intel 1155 socket i7-2600 (non-K) chip with a Q67 mobo that supports AMT 7.0 / IPMI. Those are readily available, but if I can find some information regarding availability with the new chips I may hold off for those.

Just thought I'd consult the [h]ive mind before dropping the cash on the upgrade.
 
Supermicro and Tyan will release their Patsburg like single CPU platforms in a few weeks. You will get AMT, IPMI and full colour remote console web page with these. Another likely improvement will be the option of SAS ports or more SATA3 ports on the southbridge but no overclocking.
 
Supermicro and Tyan will release their Patsburg like single CPU platforms in a few weeks. You will get AMT, IPMI and full colour remote console web page with these. Another likely improvement will be the option of SAS ports or more SATA3 ports on the southbridge but no overclocking.
So, server-class boards and xeons... to be honest, for my purposes server-class hardware isn't necessary. I do better buying 10 or so consumer-grade systems, then selling them on craigslist every few years for upgrades.

I guess it depends on how the new xeon chips are priced.
 
I'd really just like to know about consumer-grade hardware using the 2011 socket chips from Intel and whether that solution has IPMI or not. The consumer-grade stuff on the 1155 socket has it with specific chipset / non-K processor pairings... kinda hoping they do the same for 2011.
 
Back
Top