internet explorer will only keep 1 window open at once... help please.

Journier

[H]ard|Gawd
It just started happening, its confusing the hell out of me,

nothing ive tried (which is limited) has worked.

if i have one internet explorer window open, and try to "open in new window" option when right clicking on a link, it will immediately close my original page out then open the one i clicked on, it does open it in a new window, but closes the other one out within 1/4th of a second....

please help :/

I don't use IE, so this may be zero help. That said...

Under the Advanced tab of Internet Options is the Enable Page Transitions box checked?

ok i used a free browser virus software posted on this board, and it found 1 virus,

its located at

C:\windows\systtem32\initpki.exe

i put initpki.exe into google and nothing came up, but when i just put initpki into google what came up was bad :( and i cant figure out how to delete the damn thing... and i dont know if it effects whats happening to my IE.

help

Boot into safe mode and delete the file itself.

:(

arrgh

i just did what you said, i deleted the file itself.... but im still only getting 1 window up at one time....

googling my problem doesnt help, cant really get close enough results...

anyone possibly give me a few idea's what else might be causin this?

ALSO,

hijackthis v1.97 says that my URL R3--- URLSEARCHHOOK is missing....

is that bad?

well figured out the problem, the yahoo messenger task bar that wasdownloaded " no idea why" was causing it.... no idea wtf or why.

Journier said:
:(

arrgh

i just did what you said, i deleted the file itself.... but im still only getting 1 window up at one time....
that kills the virus, not fixes the problem. this would be a good time to try firefox.

Back