"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"

BBCMember

n00b
Having issues with this system. Whenever I click on the X to close an IE window, this error message comes up:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the info you were working on might be lost.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Internet Explorer.....etc..

Then when I click on See Report, it says:

AppName: iexplorer.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16762 ModName: nydll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 0000100b

Solution?

Figure out what nydll.dll is - everything I can see in a quick cursory Google search says it's spyware/trojan stuff, so... get your system checked out thoroughly, fast.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com might help but, if the damned thing is infecting you seriously it might not even work.

You might consider getting this also:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1375718

And using it to scan your machine outside of running Windows and see what gives.

Problem 1 is using Idiot Exploiter.

Solution, try Opera. No bloat, not tied to the O/S, built in e-mail client, highly customizable and it's not a MS product. ;)

Problem 1 is using Idiot Exploiter.

Solution, try Opera. No bloat, not tied to the O/S, built in e-mail client, highly customizable and it's not a MS product. ;)

There's nothing wrong with Internet Explorer. Please stop spreading disinformation. Exploits, spyware and malware can be carried by any browsers.

There's nothing wrong with Internet Explorer.
Surely you have to be kidding??? The list is as long as the number of web site addresses available.
Please stop spreading disinformation.
In your opinion? There is absolutely NO disinformation in my statement.

IE is nothing but a overly bloated, forced upon you piece of software that is tied to the O/S that way too many websites use and only write for because of the financial incentive M$ gives (or forces) the owners.

Do I have to remind you of the meant to fail anti-trust lawsuit of the Justice Department of years ago? If nothing is wrong with IE, then why the suit in the first place?

Surely you have to be kidding??? The list is as long as the number of web site addresses available. In your opinion? There is absolutely NO disinformation in my statement.

IE is nothing but a overly bloated, forced upon you piece of software that is tied to the O/S that way too many websites use and only write for because of the financial incentive M$ gives (or forces) the owners.

Do I have to remind you of the meant to fail anti-trust lawsuit of the Justice Department of years ago? If nothing is wrong with IE, then why the suit in the first place?

The antitrust lawsuit was brought on by third party browser makers desire for a chance at success. It has nothing to do with IE's performance whatsoever.

Your OPINION doesn't make Internet Explorer a bad browser. And shove that "forced" crap. Nobody's "forcing" you to use IE. If you want to use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or whatever you want, you're free to.

The OP asked for solutions on how to fix Internet Explorer's problem. He's not asking you to spin conspiracy theories.

And shove that "forced" crap. Nobody's "forcing" you to use IE.
Sites that are written for IE that purposely won't work with any other browser are. Validate those sites and they fail by a mile.

There are no "conspiracy theories" here. When was the last time you validated a site to see if it conforms to W3C standards?

Sites that are written for IE that purposely won't work with any other browser are. Validate those sites and they fail by a mile.

There are no "conspiracy theories" here. When was the last time you validated a site to see if it conforms to W3C standards?

So blame the webmasters ffs, not Microsoft.

The problem is that your using internet exploder

So I guess when FF goes all flaky and leaky is Microsoft fault too?

Both are good browsers, the difference is not THAT big...

(and yes I prefeer IE over FF)

Back