Internet connection indicator Icon in Systray..?

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
friend of mine is on dial up and with winXP pro. At first the little icon that appears in the system tray that looks like to little monitors blinking back and forth indicating a connection with the internet appeared just fine ....but now it doesnt come up anymore once they connect to the internet . It is checked in dialing options to display progress when connecting but the icon just aint showing up anymore ...how can I get that sucker to come back up for them?

thanks for any help

It is part of the network settings

goto control panel -> Network settings -> right click on the connection (it prolly dialup) -> goto proporties and tick the "show icon in taskbar"

have fun

unselect reboot and then reselect.

might looked ticked but I have seen in the past things arnt always what they seem...

Did he change his provider or software.. LONG TIME AGO I had dial up and when I dialed to the local isp the icon would come up , but when I switched to netzero dial up the icon never appeared..

I have tried unchecking and rebooting and then rechecking and rebooting again ...

He is with same local hicktown ISP

only change is maybe using and upgrading Netscape and he does have to teenagers of which one is a very inquisitive young man (or rather likes to explore the inner workings of windows without knowing what he is doing ....:) )

Back