Interesting data on Crossfire vs SLI

That you'd go through someone's post history when that has nothing to do with anything is frankly a little bizarre and obsessive.

Me, a little bizarre and obsessive? Sounds about right. No argument there.

Enjoy your 7870s with V-sync on at 60 fps and be happy.
 
Same forum title and both on the boards for 8.4 years. A match made in heaven.
 
HPEIT @ .5 mili seconds 2x 7970's ultra i get 60-250 fps in crysis 3. runs smoothe... same fps w/ 3d.
 
Crossfire is inferior to SLI. Nvidia has always won the drivers war and that corralates to multi-card performance/experience. Not just drivers, but I've read reviews of micro-stuttering being alot less on SLI

In the past, I ran Crossfire Radeon 5870's. I had to use old Catalyst drivers just to get Bad Company 2 to see both cards. At that time, I played Wow as well. Everything was fine until Blizzard put out another Wow patch that then made Wow totally flickery and unplayable with these old Catalyst drivers.

So I had to update to the newest Catalyst drivers at that time. Wow was fine again, but then Bad Company 2 now only saw 1 card. Super stupid. How many years has ATI/AMD been behind on their drivers now? They've had too long to fix this nonsense and haven't. I permanently switched to Team Green....enter SLI GTX580 3GB's and everything has been fine.

I run triple screen as well, so I know first hand that some games just don't like double vidcards, and others don't like triple monitors. But when I have to dance around with drivers, screw that.

So as far as I'm concerned, and for your own sanity, there's only one choice. Nvidia.

NOTE: If you only intend to run ONE CARD....and not the cards that actually have two GPU's inside (internal CF/SLI)....talking about just 1 GPU, then AMD is fine, but I wouldn't touch Crossfire with a 10ft pole anymore.
 
Last edited:
I was running 6990+6970 in BFBC2 and never had one problem.

The problem specifically effects HD5000 series cards, I had a really big issue with CF 5850's, tried 5870's and eventually went green because I could not get the game to stop displaying flickering textures, black scan lines, or detect my second GPU at all. They did eventually fix it, after about 6 or 8 months.
 
The problem specifically effects HD5000 series cards, I had a really big issue with CF 5850's, tried 5870's and eventually went green because I could not get the game to stop displaying flickering textures, black scan lines, or detect my second GPU at all. They did eventually fix it, after about 6 or 8 months.

Yeah for as awesome as the 5 series cards were they had a lot of major bugs. They are the reason I switched to Nvidia.
 
This goes along with my experience with xfire 6950's with 1080p eyefinity setup. FPS was higher...game felt less fluid. Sold my second 6950 pretty quickly.
 
Back
Top