• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel Xeon x3470

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
1,916
Was wondering what I should be paying for a used x3470? This is the equiv of a core i7-870 right? Are there any differences between it's core i7 counterpart .. on intel's website says it has feature called Intel Demand Based Switching .. is that like speedstep?
 
The most significant difference I notice is that it supports ECC ram (though you will need a suitable server board to go with it to use the ECC support).
 
DBS changes volts & mhz as per need iirc :)

i suppose the motherboard has to support that feature. i'm thinking my p55-t36 prolly doesnt support it. i just scored a x3470 on ebay for 139$, the person was selling it under the impression it was a core i5 class processor. :D
 
i suppose the motherboard has to support that feature. i'm thinking my p55-t36 prolly doesnt support it. i just scored a x3470 on ebay for 139$, the person was selling it under the impression it was a core i5 class processor. :D

:eek: nice bargain.. if I had the $, I'd make u an offer! :p
 
:eek: nice bargain.. if I had the $, I'd make u an offer! :p

yea i was really surprised when i found the ebay listing. Cause the user had listed on the ad was Core i5 Xeon x3470 2.9GHz and 8 CPU's? so i thought to myself.. well that doesnt sound right lol. I plan on keeping it :p
 
forget exactly what i paid for it (i'm at work and thus can't go pull out my receipt), but i purchased a new x3440 i think it was last december roughly and she's still chugging along beautifully with the same OC going all this time. such a great chip!
 
oh boy i was kinda worried with the mislabeled ebay auction.. never occurred to me that he was really selling a core i5 and totally jacked up the description. But anyways, I just got the cpu in today and sure enough Retail Box Intel Xeon x3470. wahooo! Not bad for 139$ :D .. when i find all the computer parts i can test it... them being all scattered in my room :eek:
 
Back
Top