Intel Xeon Turbo boost

redmasc

Gawd
I'm running an Asus Z10PE-D8 WS with Xeon E5-2686 v3 @ 2.0GHz, Turbo's up to 3.6GHz. It runs every game I throw at it fine, from BF1 to CoDWW2, whatever. Only game I'm having trouble with is R6 Siege. Whenever something dynamic happens like an explosion occurs, the game studders. I'm guessing it's because the CPU spikes when something dynamic occurs. In CPU-Z, it shows that the multiplier fluctuates a lot depending on the task. Is there anyway to lock the multiplier so that it just runs at turbo speed all the time? Or am I just SOL?

In CPU-Z, it shows that the multiplier fluctuates a lot depending on the task.

Is the multiplier going between the base 20 and Turbo or lower then 20 and Turbo? If lower then 20, there are settings to disable it dropping below that.

Is there anyway to lock the multiplier so that it just runs at turbo speed all the time? Or am I just SOL?

There is no way to lock the cpu to the "Turbo" speed. That is done on chip depending on load.

Is the multiplier going between the base 20 and Turbo or lower then 20 and Turbo? If lower then 20, there are settings to disable it dropping below that.

According to CPU-Z, it goes between 12-35 for the multiplier. What setting would I disable it from dropping below base 20?

According to CPU-Z, it goes between 12-35 for the multiplier. What setting would I disable it from dropping below base 20?

You will need to disable EIST (speed step) in the bios. Also, if running windows, set power to "high performance" . That should keep the cpu from dropping below 20X. Once you do that, use cpuz to confirm and try your application again for performance.

Back