intel vPro and AMT

bobstone

Limp Gawd
so, I really want to get my company looking at this stuff, but I don't know anything about it at all except that it allows amazing remote support.

can someone show me a good site that can teach me how to understand and configure it with out all they crazy complex wording that the Intel white pages on it have?

Thanks

very helpful response!

to be clear though, does every motherboard that has those chipsets support this? i started looking into this much like the OP on our custom built business machines only to find that finding boards that supported this was really hard.... especially now that intel is going to be stopping production of their own boards...

i'm actually running a gigabyte w/ those chipsets and a Q series processor

In theory all Q-chipset based motherboards (Q57 and newer) supports this but depending on manufacturer they may have stripped it out.

Fujitsu's computers are a very solid choice and their Data Sheet(s) clearly states if iAMT is supported or not. The models supported (current gen) are the Esprimo 910 series, in US you need to call Fujitsu but they're available at many etailers in EU. Dell and HP hides all info regarding hardware and doesn't say anything about AMT all. As for motherboard makers I know that both Intel (of course) and Asus supports iAMT, not too sure about Gigabyte and/or ASRock.

//Danne

thanks for the video! am looking at it and I didnt even think to use youtube ( I am not much of a visual learner, more of a reading learner.)

Back