• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Intel RS2BL040 - Max Drives Supported?

andypress

n00b
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
6
So I've got an Intel RS2BL040 controller laying around which (a year ago) was supposed to be used for a Supermicro 24-bay LSI expander case. I ended up having to use a 3ware card because the Intel would only recognize 16 drives out of the 24.

Intel's product brief on the card specifies that 32 drives are supported, yet the technical information pdf says 16. The card is a rebranded LSI 9260-4i; LSI's documentation says the LSI firmware'd card will support 128 devices.

Since I have the card I'd like to put it to use with an expander, but the information available on what the card will support is conflicting to say the least. Does anyone have any experience with either card? I'm relatively sure I can't flash LSI firmware to the card as LSI has changed their firmware update tool.

Thanks,

Andy
 
Last edited:
Back
Top