Intel [email protected] how much CPU voltage?

Haiku214

[H]ard|Gawd
I am currently running a [email protected] with a CPU voltage of 1.25V (in bios) / 1.224V (as shown in CPU-Z). Is this voltage just about right? Or is it too low or too high?

I've done some benchmarking and gaming without any issues so far. Thanks.

That's pretty high for 3.4. You should be able to do that with stock voltages. What's your stock vid. Use core temp to find out if you don't know. Mine is 1.15v. Right now I'm stress testing my q9550 at 8.5x480. Cpu voltage at 1.232 under load and 1.248 idle. Bios is set at 1.31275

Well, 1.3625 is considered the max safe voltage, your well under that so you shouldn't be hurting anything. What are your temps like? If your not getting to hot you should be good. Every one of these chips overclocks differently and it will depend on your mobo (which I dont see listed in your sig?). Some mobo have better/worse voltage regulation.

That's pretty high for 3.4. You should be able to do that with stock voltages.

+1 on this.

I dont know what MB you are on there, but if its an ASUS you might want to disable c1E, Max CPU Value Limit & Intel Virtualization.

Thanks for the reply. My q9550 is a C1 revision and not the E0 one. Also my mobo is the Asus P5Q-E. I already disabled c1E and Max CPU value limit. I will try to disable intel virtualization. Does it actually lower the cpu voltage requirement when disabled?

Windows won't boot if I set CPU voltage at 1.20V in bios. At 1.225V my PC crashed after about an hour of gaming. And that's why I set it now at 1.25V and have no issues so far.

Odd. I ran my 780i with the same CPU @ 3.4 with stock voltage. 1600 was a very stable RAM setting for me.

When I load defaults, it will set everything to auto. Auto CPU voltage will show 1.3V in CPU-Z. I don't know what the stock voltage is.

That seems a bit high. I'm running my Q9550 @ 3.4, and I'm @ 1.125 in CPU-ID.

What options does your bios have for voltages? Try leaving everything on auto (except for your DRAM voltage) and set the voltage lower?

For example, my bios lets me adjust my Voltage on the CPU by 0.005 per setting. My computer was unstable @ 1.120 (Random BSOD after 3 hours on Prime) but at 1.125 Was completely stable for 24 hours.

My lowest stable OC voltage is at 1.2375V bios (1.208V CPUID at idle and 1.224V CPUID at load). The next lower voltage decrement does not pass Prime95 and my games crash. I guess every chip is just different. I have actually seen other people with even higher voltages than mine.

Seems your stock vid is v1.25. If you're stable at 3.4ghz @ 1.25, then you're fine unless temps are out of hand. Considering you have the NH-D14, doubt temps will get out of hand.

My Q9550 has a 1.25 vid. I can hit 3.4 at stock. Currently I am running 3.7 @ 1.28v. To go higher, I really need to jack up the vcore. Not worth it imo.

1.4v in bios for vcore {less with vdrop} aim for like 1.36v {under-load} its the max allowed for that cpu core as specified by lintel and a good idea for 24\7 use IF you have the cooling setup to deal with your cpu heat under full load {watch your temps} if your trying to overclock.

Core voltage 0.85 - 1.3625V
Cpu temperature 71.4 (°C)
source

The VID for my Q9550, 0 stepping, is 1.25; and to get to 3.4, I upped the voltage to 1.26??. It's not the best overclocker, but it's ok. Too much voltage was needed for my Q9550 to keep it higher than 3.4 for 24/7.

Back