Intel Pentium 4 SL7D8

Oops, never mind. That link actually gives info about the S775 CPU with the same speed.
 
P4 s478 line was 32-bit. I think only some of the Xeon Itanium or whatever had some EMT64 code.
 
There were p4 775 CPUs that are 64-bit, the one I remember was the 631, which was a 65nm beast

edit. I think the p4 775 CPUs that ended with 1 were 64-bit, but that's just from memory. Also, I bet no 478 CPU ever was 64bit capable.
 
This thread is like a blast from the past. :p

None of the released Pentium 4 or Pentium 4 EE S478 processors supported EM64T. I'm sure someone somewhere may have an ES with EM64T enabled, but none were ever released a consumer products. Even if you had one, good luck getting a motherboard which would support it (because often you'll just get a blank screen at POST or the processor locked into a low speed mode due to not being recognized). :p
 
Back
Top