Intel newb, need to know about overclocking

Darkstar559

Limp Gawd
Right now i'm really considering returning my 2.4 to get a 2.8
I've ran a lot of tests including Memtest, SuperPi, and some other ones and the only one ive had errors in was Prime95 in the first 10 minutes with Torture test

Should I keep my 2.4 or get myself a 2.8?

Originally posted by Darkstar559
Right now i'm really considering returning my 2.4 to get a 2.8
I've ran a lot of tests including Memtest, SuperPi, and some other ones and the only one ive had errors in was Prime95 in the first 10 minutes with Torture test

Should I keep my 2.4 or get myself a 2.8?

heh, my chip runs prime for about 1sec then quits out on me, but i can play Battlefield1942 all night and it won't crash once, same goes with all the other games i play or anything else i do on my computer.

as long as your chip doesn't crash in anything that you're doing that's cpu intensive then i wouldn't worry about what prime says. i would run the program that you use regularly that stresses the computer the most, whether it's a game or some app. if it never crashes when using that i'd say you're good to go.

last question
performance.gif

How do I enable performance mode? and whats this all about

supposedly that "performance mode" in cpuz tells if you have PAT or not. on the 875p boards that would say "enabled" but since you have a 865 board it says disabled because you have no PAT

Whats the current status of your overclock?

What is your FSB, FSB:Memory Divider, and Timings at right now?

Your using the Mushkin PC3500 in place of the Corsair PC3500 now?

What is your vcore and vdimm set at?

Make sure you locked the AGP/PCI divider. Use a 5:4 CPU:DRAM divider and push your FSB over 266MHz. Set your timings to 2-2-2-6 and run Prime95.

What is your FSB, FSB:Memory Divider, and Timings at right now?
292FSB, 5:4, 2-3-2-6
Your using the Mushkin PC3500 in place of the Corsair PC3500 now?
Mushkin
What is your vcore and vdimm set at?
Vcore 2.600, Vdimm 3.20

Make sure you locked the AGP/PCI divider. Use a 5:4 CPU:DRAM divider and push your FSB over 266MHz. Set your timings to 2-2-2-6 and run Prime95.
I locked the AGP/PCI divider at 33/66, i tried 72/?? and my SATA RAID wasnt working. I want to do a vmod to my board so i can feed my vdimm more voltage

Back