• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Intel Heatsink Question

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
4,916
Hi i'm planning on upgrading my rig next week to an Intel Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge setup. I have a very nice heatsink i'm already using now and was wondering if it's compatible with Intel's LGA 1155 platform. My heatsink is a Scythe Ninja Plus rev.B that claims on the box that it supports Intel sockets LGA775/478 . Will this heatsink work on my new system? Or am I out of luck?
 
Thanks for the help, I'll just use the stock heatsink then and hope for the best. Already spent way too much on the new parts as it is :p
 
For the price of one of those retention kits, which might or might not work without a spacer mind you, you can get a decent Corsair or Coolermaster cooler. Time to retire the Ninja.
 
If you plan to overclock the CPU you will need a good HSF.

There are many in the 30-60 dollar range that are quite good.

Take a look at the [H] CPU cooler reviews.;)
 
I have used the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ on my Intel Core i7-2600K and it works very well and very nice price.
 
Back
Top