TechLarry
RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2005
- Messages
- 30,481
When I built my BadAxe-2 system a few weeks ago, I told myself I was going to live with the on-board Intel HD Audio for at least a week or two to force myself to evaluate it.
And so I did. To be honest, it's about the best on-board audio I've heard.
But, something wasn't right. First, the output level was too low to effectively drive my Klipsh ProMedia Ultra's the way I was used to. I had to crank up the Klipsh's sound control up a good 10 points beyond what I was used to.
Secondly, something just didn't sound right, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
So the time came to remove the X-Fi Elite Pro from the old machine and install it in this machine.
Good heavens what a difference. You don't know what you're missing until you don't have it for a while.
I figured out was missing immediately. The Bass under the Intel Audio was muddy and fuzzy. I was missing that 'in the chest' movement of air.
That's all back now. Bass is back to being nice and tight, and I can feel it in my chest again. After all, these speakers have a 200+ watt dual-speaker sub. I SHOULD be able to feel it.
So in the end, that decision was easy
And so I did. To be honest, it's about the best on-board audio I've heard.
But, something wasn't right. First, the output level was too low to effectively drive my Klipsh ProMedia Ultra's the way I was used to. I had to crank up the Klipsh's sound control up a good 10 points beyond what I was used to.
Secondly, something just didn't sound right, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
So the time came to remove the X-Fi Elite Pro from the old machine and install it in this machine.
Good heavens what a difference. You don't know what you're missing until you don't have it for a while.
I figured out was missing immediately. The Bass under the Intel Audio was muddy and fuzzy. I was missing that 'in the chest' movement of air.
That's all back now. Bass is back to being nice and tight, and I can feel it in my chest again. After all, these speakers have a 200+ watt dual-speaker sub. I SHOULD be able to feel it.
So in the end, that decision was easy