Intel E6750 from a Dell

SychoSly

n00b
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
56
I have a Dell Optiplex 755 that had an Intel E6750 that I upgraded to an E6850. I then sold the E6750 on eBay. The buyer emailed me and said that CPU was not working in any of the 4 systems that he tried. He sent me the model numbers of his systems and I decided to check one of them and it showed the E6750 as a compatible CPU.

He sent the CPU back and I put it back in the Dell and it fired right up. Does Dell do anything to the CPU? I am thinking no. User error on the buyers part?

Thanks
 
His systems maybe listed as compatible with this CPU, but maybe they need BIOS update first...;)
 
Yes, user error. Less knowledgeable users see "LGA775" as the end of compatibility requirements. It could be as simple as a BIOS update... if the chipset is compatible, which it may not be.
 
For socket 775 we released 910, 915, 925, 945, 965, 975, 3 series, and 4 series chipset based boards. However an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6750 would only be supported on the 945 and 965 with updated bios from the board manufacturers and the 3 and 4 series will most likely support it out of the box.
 
Back
Top