Intel 2600k: How to keep the same CPU speed?

Burke888

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
740
Hey guys,

I was wondering what setting in my BIOS I need to select so that my CPU will run at the default clock speed all of the time and not just sit and idle at 1500mhz. I have tried disabling "Turbo" but CPUZ still shows that I am sitting at around 1500mhz. Does anyone know what option or options I need to enable? Thank you!
 
...and out of curiosity, why do you want the speed/power throttling disabled?
 
...and out of curiosity, why do you want the speed/power throttling disabled?

Instead of saving power when it's doing nothing you can run full speed when it's doing nothing, and heat up your house
 
Last edited:
...and out of curiosity, why do you want the speed/power throttling disabled?

I figured it would just be best to run the CPU as god intended it. Is it bad to do this? Any drawbacks I should be aware of?
Thanks!
 
I figured it would just be best to run the CPU as god intended it. Is it bad to do this? Any drawbacks I should be aware of?
Thanks!
More electricity used and unnecessary heat being added to the room. Unless you live in the arctic and have no heater, there is zero reason in disabling it.
 
i would leave EIST enabled, why have it running full speed when you walk away or stuff? Just kills the cpu quicker.
 
I figured it would just be best to run the CPU as god intended it. Is it bad to do this? Any drawbacks I should be aware of?
Thanks!

What a terrible reason, I hope you're not serious. More heat + electricity. Moreover you're not losing a shred of performance leaving speedstep enabled.
 
Speedstep is a really good feature. Far better to keep it enabled so your cpu only runs flat out when it needs to.
 
There really is no reason to disable the power saving features. During idle or low intensive tasks the CPU's lower clock speed is plenty sufficient. When you're gaming or doing video encoding, etc, your CPU will instantaneously bump up to it's max clock speed.

Unnecessary heat and unnecessary voltages can unnecessarily harm your CPU ;)
 
There are two types of people, those that disable things like EIST and C1E, and those who actually understand how they work.
 
I figured it would just be best to run the CPU as god intended it. Is it bad to do this? Any drawbacks I should be aware of?
Thanks!

God intended it to run with speedstep. That's why it has speedstep.
 
My gigabyte motherboard has terrible coil whine when I have EIST & C1E enabled. Turned them off the day I got it, and will probably be staying away from gigabyte when purchasing my next mobo
 
Back
Top