Installing Serial ATA Hdd :: Need SERIOUS HELP

x73120

n00b
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
16
Ok dudes, I just built my new computer, and EVERYTHING is working flawlessly. I go to my bios, all drives are detected, I goto winxp setup.. no hard drive found. If anyone has any step-by-step tutorials for installing an sata hdd (without raid) PLEASE post... im getting desperate here
 
For most motherboards you need to have a disk with drivers so you can detect your drive. When you are installing, when it asks you to press F6 if you have any special RAID/SCSI drivers, you need to press F6 and put in a disk with drivers for your hard drive controller.
 
youll need another computer. put hte motherboatrd cd in there, and search for sata/ raid drivers, when you find them, they will have a document called txtsetup.oem in hte directory. when you find the drivers, copy them to a floppy disk, and during windows install, press F6. wait for the screen.. follow the instructions and have it load the drivers for your device off the floppy
 
Back
Top