Info request for LCD models (see message body) ...

PredatorVI

n00b
Hey all!

I'm new here and it seems that I have found a gold mine of potential help for choosing an LCD. Can I just say that there are so many out there, even between manufacturers, that I am losing my mind trying to e-valuate them all.

I have been eyeing either the Viewsonic VG710b or the NEC LCD1760VM because of the following features:

VESA standard wall-mountable
DVI (unless someone can convince me it doesn't matter)
17"
1280x1024
integrated speakers
Black bezel (preferrably)
fastest possible response times

It is intended to be used for general home use which includes making photo albums and videos (DVD/VCD), but will also play games like RTCW, UT2003, Battlefield 1942, etc. in a space-restricted area.

I have read as many reviews as I can find (which isn't as many as I had hoped to find), but the two I above haven't been reviewed that I can find.

On a side note, Tom's hardware liked the NEC ASLCD71VM, but it doesn't have DVI. They also liked the Hitachi CML174SXWB (also liked by many here) but the DVI color representation (or lack thereof) seems a little low. Tom's also liked the Hercules ProphetView 920 Pro DVI, but it doesn't have integrated speakers and I am unable to find a place to buy it (local or online). The Viewsonic VP171b liked by many here also doesn't have the speakers.

Can anyone offer any information to how the Viewsonic VG710b or the NEC LCD1760VM compare to the Viewsonic VP171b, the Hitachi CML174SXWB, or the Hercules ProphetView?

Any information is GREATLY appreaciated!

Thanks!

Back