In search of a good router

.ReCo!L

n00b
I currently have a belkin 4 port wired router and its getting to be a pain in the ass because it always disconnects on us when my brother and use our pc at the same time, so I believe this is due to my router. The firmware is flashed to the lastest one but I would rather just get a better know monitor than to deal with it.
So recommend me some good routers and if possible any sites with reviews on them. Budget is 60 dollars.

Originally posted by Cigolon
yeh. i'd say a good bet is the linksys befsr41. i like em.

Another vote for that one. I have one (well had...my friend is borrowing it) and it was nothing but rock stable for over 2 years that I had it in use.

You might want to check out wireless routers as well, they aren't very much more expensive, especailly if you consider expanding to wireless for any laptops in the house. The linksys WRT54G is pretty well priced, probably pick on up for aproximately $70. But if you have no wireless need and don't plan on any, the the BEFSR41 is an excelent choice.

I would recomend staying away from Belkin routers in general, wired and wireless, from my own experiences and from other people's experiences one the forums, it's pretty safe to say Belkin's routers are just crap. Linksys & Netgear are my favorite brands (i sort of like Netgear a little better, i've had to RMA a lot of linksys wireless routers at work for many of our clients)

Linksys and Netgear are solid. In my experience, Dlink have been reasonable also. Currently I am using a Netgear RP614 - the Netgear and the aforementioned Linksys were the same price but the Netgear looked so damn cool.:p

linksys or netgear...i personally use linksys...its just so easy and stable

dont get d-link...trust me...

dont really have experience w/ netgear tho ive heard good

i just stick to linksys

thx for the replys, and sorry about posting this in the wrong place. Tomorrow I will go pick one of the linkys router you guys suggested. And yes belkin is shitty.

Back