I'm not a big fan of Netgear..but check out PROSAFE® QUAD WAN GIGABIT SSL VPN FIREWAL

I have never liked their VPN firewalls, they never have many features built in

Interesting. This could be a decent step up from the Linksys/Cisco RV0 series if the features are implemented well.

I think Netgear is really improving lately. I was a little bit skeptical of the WNDR3700 until I bought one to see what the fuss was about. It's pretty slick. I'd love to see them give Cisco some decent competition for the SMB market.

Looks like the things are around 500 bucks as well. Wonder how good the content filtering is on them?

Anyway for most setups I could see something like a smaller sonicwall having more options but for that things price it looks interesting. I could see that thing kicking ass in like a frat house or something.

Despite the big numbers that pop out, 4x gbe wan and 1gbps throughput, the rest of the numbers aren't so grand. 21mbps SSL throughput is the number that stuck out to me. Showing you that it is basically a slower device with gbe nic's in it.

Features on netgear vpn firewalls are pretty crap as well, and the webui (only real way to config it) is absolutely horrid.

Back