i'm holding a new 2.8C...

themustafa

Limp Gawd
and the stepping code is SL6WJ MALAY.

is there anywhere i can go to look this code up to see overclockability, etc?

Anyone heard of an SL6WJ Phillipines overclockability? There's nothing from the Phillipines in the database.

Install it?? This gets asked every week. I just got my new cpu how high will it clock??

Stepping and codes mean nothing on chips. Everyone's different!!!

Going by the data base there is no pattern either. And you have to remember also. only the good chips seem to get reported

Originally posted by Tedinde
Install it?? This gets asked every week. I just got my new cpu how high will it clock??

Stepping and codes mean nothing on chips. Everyone's different!!!

Going by the data base there is no pattern either. And you have to remember also. only the good chips seem to get reported

Amen

I was holding a new 2.8c last friday- for about 20 seconds.
Now my new Abit IC-7 is holding it for me.

for some reason i just ended up getting the proc like a week before the rest of the system and just wondered if anyone had any experience with certain steppings or whatnot before my system came in and i could actually try it.

sorry for asking, if you think my asking is a waste of time then dont waste any of your time by replying with a bitchy comment.

thanks.

Mines a sl6z5
mo stepping
Had it to 3150
1:1 .Ran prime95 for 8 hrs and 3d mark2001 about 20 times[13,560]
with ti 4200
haven't pushed it any further yet.
Good luck to you, just kidding above[couldn't resist]:D

Originally posted by themustafa
for some reason i just ended up getting the proc like a week before the rest of the system and just wondered if anyone had any experience with certain steppings or whatnot before my system came in and i could actually try it.

sorry for asking, if you think my asking is a waste of time then dont waste any of your time by replying with a bitchy comment.

thanks.

I would guess 3.2-3.4. How's that for a bitchy comment?:D

hey what kind of ram are you using?
im curious because i am about to upgrade my 1.4 willamette that i oced to 1.9 to the 2.8C.

does it really matter what kind of ram i have? i am looking forward to getting some major OC like in the 3.7 or 3.8 range. HEHE:D I hope. My board is an asus p4c800 deluxe

im about to get my first watercooling setup, its danger den gear

themustafa, the better cooling you have the more performance you will get out of it when overclocking

i'd want to get a new waterblock and all that but i don't know if it'll be compabilble with my piping right now. i have my harddrive cooled with the same line too so i don't want to run too many different water lines in my computer. and if i get a different water line then i'll have to get another pump and all that good stuff. which equals more moolah
but what sucks is that in about 4 months dust start to really build up on the radiator and i need to really clean it or i get 6C higher than normal. normal is usually 26C underload

BUT back to my question what ram should i get to overclock the 2.8 to 3.8 range with watercooling koolance cpu-200g(waterblock) and asus p4c800 deluxe

Danger Den makes great stuff.

im currently cooling my 2.8c with a maze 3 with lucite top. currently at 3515 Mhz but i dont know about rock stable... i know it is solid at 3.47 though... current temp is

cpu 21c/69f
mb 30c/86f

have been using danger den blocks since the thunderbird first came out and they have been great for me.

you should have no problems with anything danger den supplys if you go watercooling... that is

if you plan on overclocking it i suggest watercooling if you can.

CMX512-3500C2PT

corsair pc3500 (ddr433)

has worked fine for me

they way i am using it.... it is only at ddr400 but running at 2-2-2-5 just fine

but if you want to run 1:1 mem:fsb get some faster stuff

ahh i see thanx for the info on the ram how does OCZ PC-3700 gold rev.2 sound? and when i upgrade my waterblock i will surely put danger den into consideration.

Back