I'm about to lose my mind. (Help with new computer.)

Prophecy

Weaksauce
I've just built a new computer, but I've had problem after problem with it. First, here are the specs:

Athlon 64 3200 Venice Core
BFG nForce4 Ultra motherboard
OCZ Modstream 520w PSU
Geforce 6800GT
2x OCZ 512MB DDR 3200 Gold Edition RAM
2x 160GB Seagate SATA HDs
1x 200GB Seagate IDE HD
Soundblaster Audigy
Liteon DVD +/- RW

My problems started the first night. I put the computer together and booted it up only to get blue screens of death each time I tried to install Windows. I ran memtest86 on my RAM and it gave a ton of errors at the end of Test 5. So, I RMAed the RAM and used two 512MB sticks of my old Crucial PC2100 RAM. Using this RAM I was able to OC my processor to 2250Mhz with no problem whatsoever. I thought "Man, I'll really be able to OC once I get the replacement RAM."

Yesterday my replacement RAM got here. I installed it, left all of the settings at default, and booted up. I got two blue screens of death within 10 minutes (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). I ran memtest again and the RAM failed at the end of Test 5, just like the first set I had. I figured that the problem had to be with my motherboard, not with the RAM itself, because there's no way I could have been sent two sets of defective RAM. I've spent the last three hours playing with motherboard settings, trying to get the OCZ RAM to run stable. I lowered the timings to 2-2-2-5, since that's what the RAM is rated at, and I left all of the clock frequences at their default. Windows started fine, but my 3D mark scores were FAR lower than when I was using the Crucial RAM. I tried overclocking the OCZ memory, but I can't overclock it the slightest bit or else my computer won't boot.

After trying for so long to get the OCZ memory to run well I said "screw it" and threw the Crucial RAM back in. Then my motherboard wouldn't boot. So I moved the RAM to the channels 3 and 4, reset the CMOS and booted again. The computer started up and I bumped my clock frequency up to 225 so my processor would run at 2,250Mhz, which is the same setting I had it on before. However, now the computer wouldn't boot at all. After clearing the CMOS several more times and moving the RAM around several times I was FINALLY able to get my computer to start up, but it's running at stock speeds.

In addition to all of these problems the XP-120 heatsink that I ordere won't fit on this motherboard (A capacitor blocks a mounting bracket) and the fan on my NV Silencer 5 was dead on arrival. However, both of those things can be easily fixed. I've RMAed the NV5 and I sold the heatsink on eBay. My main concern is with my RAM/motherboard. I know the processor is just fine, but what in the hell is the deal with my RAM? I can't figure it out. Both the RAM and motherboard are made for overclocking, but nothing I've tried works. I can't even get the OCZ RAM to run stable at it's stock speeds.

At this point I have no idea what to do. Should I RMA the RAM again? Or could the problem be with the motherboard? I ordered everything on the 5th from Newegg, so I only have three days left to get an RMA approved on the motherboard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2 sticks of ram are not likely to be bad.
You have bad mobo.

Try the test with one ram stick??? Try the test with no SATA. Disable everything possible in the bios and see what happens each step of the way that you add another component... it really sounds like the MOBO is DOA.... Get an ASUS.

I'm going to RMA the board and get the DFI Ultra-D. I hate how ugly it is, but it'll provide plenty of room for overclocking in case I ever get serious about it. I really liked the ASUS as well, but it's memory voltage won't go high enough for my RAM to truly shine.

Thanks for the advice though!

Back