ignore css

my css code makes all my tables transparent..but i want to have a table thats not transparent...what html tag can i use?? the div tag?

Somehow, you need to mark the table (give it a class, id, or uniquely identify it as a child of some element) so that either -

a) the CSS that makes all your tables transparent doesn't affect it

b) put CSS in that makes the table non-transparent.

...or, I guess you could redo your CSS so that tables default to non-transparent, and transparency is assigned to some classification of tables, assigning that to other tables.

local and inline styles override external styles. So in the table you want visible, set the style="" tag to whatever you need to make it visible.

Kris said:
local and inline styles override external styles. So in the table you want visible, set the style="" tag to whatever you need to make it visible.

Or set a new class in your CSS for visible tables and define the style. That way if you add a second visible table later you only need to set a class.

thanks for the input guys..yea..i havent formally taken computer science classes..just stuff picked up on the internet

blue_dragon said:
thanks for the input guys..yea..i havent formally taken computer science classes..just stuff picked up on the internet

Welcome to the club :D

blue_dragon said:

CSS is not computer science.

Back