IE7 Beta 2 and Wells Fargo Online

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Any one else able to access their online banking accounts and use IE7 Beta 2. I get an error stating that WellsFargo no longer supports my browser. Any one able to get this to work? Do I need to change a setting in order to allow the site to work?

I get the same problem with www.ups.com when i try to log in with IE7 Beta. Im sure its a coding issue on their part that just understand a version higher than ie6. I tried changing IE7s browser version through the registry with no luck. If anyone knows how to fake out the version properly I would also appreciate an answer.

Thats what I'd be curious about. I went back to IE6 for the time being until a work around for some sites with IE7 has been worked out.

Could find any settings that allowed me to get passed this error. In the end I had to use Firefox, even though I sometimes have problems with it and redirects in Wells Fargo online.

tgillespie said:
Could find any settings that allowed me to get passed this error. In the end I had to use Firefox, even though I sometimes have problems with it and redirects in Wells Fargo online.

Yeah that is what i have been doing in the meantime. But its only been an extreme minority of sites giving me this issue its hardly an annoyance.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but why use the beta version of IE7 when Firefox is out of beta and has everything that IE7 final will have except bugs...and Wells Fargo online most likely works. I just don't understand what's so great about IE.

The first 2 posts: I use BofA online banking and I have a FedEx account, not a UPS account. Both of those work. :p

The main problem I have with IE7 is that printing from Yahoo mail doesn't work. :( I still like IE7 otherwise.

Framerate said:
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but why use the beta version of IE7 when Firefox is out of beta and has everything that IE7 final will have except bugs...and Wells Fargo online most likely works. I just don't understand what's so great about IE.

i have used Firefox for a long time, been using IE7 for a while now, and personally, i like IE better overall, i only use FF for the occasional page that wont load properly on IE7, after all, it is still a beta

Personally I like IE 7 better than Firefox...it's much quicker...however...I'm an Opera fan above all.

Main point though...for those who do important stuff like online banking, or UPS online for the business, or purchasing from wholesaler secured account websites...etc...why take the risk of hosing one of your important applications with a "beta"?

Dork around with betas on an expendable machine...but don't hose an important you do your business on...with a beta version. :confused:

Back