IE 7 Full screen hides windows task bar

WoodiE

Limp Gawd
When using Internet Explorer 7 on a Windows XP Pro machine and I switch IE 7 to display in full screen (F11) it does however it also covers up the windows task bar even though Lock Taskbar and Keep the taskbar on top of other windows are both checked in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

Is there a way to view the site in full screen but still show just the windows taskbar?

Clearly you don't understand the term "full screen". The taskbar hiding is by design.

The full screen without hiding the task bar is just done by double-clicking the title bar or hitting the square button on the top right corner of Internet Explorer (or any windows for that matter). That's called Maximize. F11 is not the same as Maximize. F11 is similar to ALT-Enter for Command Prompt, a true full-screen feature.

Ok thanks guys - I'll just have to find out why it does this on some of our machines and not all of them.

Might not be a browser issue, but a task bar issue. Rightclick your task bar, go to Properties, then you should see "keep taskbar on top of other windows"

When using Internet Explorer 7 on a Windows XP Pro machine and I switch IE 7 to display in full screen (F11) it does however it also covers up the windows task bar even though Lock Taskbar and Keep the taskbar on top of other windows are both checked in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties.

Is there a way to view the site in full screen but still show just the windows taskbar?

Might not be a browser issue, but a task bar issue. Rightclick your task bar, go to Properties, then you should see "keep taskbar on top of other windows"

some people don't read the whole post :rolleyes:

Clearly you don't understand the term "full screen". The taskbar hiding is by design.
+1

full-screen is just that.. full-screen. Not a maximized window.

some people don't read the whole post :rolleyes:
Clearly, some people are just pricks :rolleyes:

Not only the posts you criticized actually agree with what you just said, one post was addressing the part you must have not read: not all of their machines do this. Hence the suggestion for leaving the taskbar on top of all open windows.

Now... Where can I purchase some troll-be-gone?

one post was addressing the part you must have not read: not all of their machines do this. Hence the suggestion for leaving the taskbar on top of all open windows.

touche

I did read it, but apparently I didn't comprehend it well enough at the time.

although, from his example, it's a moot point to suggest the keep taskbar on top checkbox, when he clearly states it is checked. From his original post.

You can put Internet Explorer 6 into full screen view, which minimizes the toolbars and hides the Windows XP Taskbar. This gives you the maximum amount of Web page viewing space.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/customizing/custombrowser.mspx

I was working on a client's computer and after cleaning temporaty files, compressed old files and doing some regular maintenance he notice that when he opens IE (which he uses on full screen) the taskbar disappeared. He says that even when using IE on full screen he was able to see his taskbar. I check the settigns and taksbar properties are set it to be on top of all windows and the taskbar is locked.
Eventhough it is not a big deal to me, it seems that it is for him.
Does anybody have any idea of how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

I don't see what the issue is.

"Full" Screen.

It does that by design. I'm on Windows7 with IE8 and mine covers the taskbar too. Hence the term FULL Screen.

Windows 7 doesn't have the "Keep on top of Windows" option anymore, either...

I don't see what the issue is.

"Full" Screen.

It does that by design. I'm on Windows7 with IE8 and mine covers the taskbar too. Hence the term FULL Screen.

Windows 7 doesn't have the "Keep on top of Windows" option anymore, either...

mmmm I can't tell "Hence the term FULL Screen" to my client since he was able to do it before, so there should be a way, and he is expecting me to restore that feature back. Thanks Techie

Thanks SR45 but I could not find any use for the plug in you suggest. Does any body has any suggestion?

Thanks!!!

Unknown OSart what you actually mean "could not find any use for the plug in ". Thought you were having issues with full screen that will include the upper and lower task bars, not the full screen without having any task bars present....

I downloaded this application, activated it and all my online links and IE8 are using full screen. That is full screen with the task bar etc and not half screen as I had before.

Back