toymachineman19
Guest
- Joined
- Dec 26, 2004
- Messages
- 725
Well, I left it stock after being pissed off with unstable OC's, and everything, but today I tried messing with my A64 winchester again.
My Specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester S939
Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro (not third-eye or whatever it was)
1GB (512*2) OCZ PC-3200 DDR Enhanced Latency
eVGA 6600GT
FSP BlueStorm 500W
Seagate 120GB SATA
Thermalright XP-90 with Panaflo H1A 92mm Fan
I have tested my motherboard's FSB to 320 and it probably would keep going (with multiplier down to 4x and Divider to "DDR200" which is the lowest (some abit motherboards and a few others do dividers this way), I've tested the RAM to 275FSB Prime95 Stable, and Rand SuperPi 1M, and sisoft benchmarks (CPU Multiplier 4x), and I've test the CPU to 2.6Ghz Stable (with above tests, and with the memory dividers in place). They are all stable, and work fine, but when I try to put the CPU and RAM OC's together, it will no even POST, I've tried the highest vcore (1.75V) and no go (I've tested with CPU, only gets me around a 36-37 idle), and the highest VDIMM, and Northbridge and Southbridge Voltages, but it will no POST, the monitor does not even get a signal (sign that it is not working). Maybe just the chipset? I never liked the VIA chipsets for the K8, but it was a good price/performance ratio at the time. I have the latest BIOS (v1.38 which I flashed from a floppy), and it doesn't change with previous BIOS's. Have I just hit a wall and need to just lower both speeds? (oh by the way, to achieve the highed RAM speed, I just did FSB @ 270 (to be safe, still didn't work) and the multiplier to 9.5 (makes the CPU I think 2560 Mhz), and it never worked. Can anyone offer some insight?
My Specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester S939
Abit AV8 K8T800 Pro (not third-eye or whatever it was)
1GB (512*2) OCZ PC-3200 DDR Enhanced Latency
eVGA 6600GT
FSP BlueStorm 500W
Seagate 120GB SATA
Thermalright XP-90 with Panaflo H1A 92mm Fan
I have tested my motherboard's FSB to 320 and it probably would keep going (with multiplier down to 4x and Divider to "DDR200" which is the lowest (some abit motherboards and a few others do dividers this way), I've tested the RAM to 275FSB Prime95 Stable, and Rand SuperPi 1M, and sisoft benchmarks (CPU Multiplier 4x), and I've test the CPU to 2.6Ghz Stable (with above tests, and with the memory dividers in place). They are all stable, and work fine, but when I try to put the CPU and RAM OC's together, it will no even POST, I've tried the highest vcore (1.75V) and no go (I've tested with CPU, only gets me around a 36-37 idle), and the highest VDIMM, and Northbridge and Southbridge Voltages, but it will no POST, the monitor does not even get a signal (sign that it is not working). Maybe just the chipset? I never liked the VIA chipsets for the K8, but it was a good price/performance ratio at the time. I have the latest BIOS (v1.38 which I flashed from a floppy), and it doesn't change with previous BIOS's. Have I just hit a wall and need to just lower both speeds? (oh by the way, to achieve the highed RAM speed, I just did FSB @ 270 (to be safe, still didn't work) and the multiplier to 9.5 (makes the CPU I think 2560 Mhz), and it never worked. Can anyone offer some insight?