Idea advice for relay rack stuff

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
I have a 2 post relay rack and I want to mount a really nice 3u SuperMicro server chassis in it however it is heavy and in some ways I am thinking too heavy for a 2 post relay rack.

Do they make a device or something that can assist the weight of the server so it doesnt bend down on the relay rack or damage or warp the rack?

Maybe some kind of 45 degree support bracket that goes under the server and mounts a few holes down?

Thanks for the advice.

We always used shelves, a set of 2 shelves, one on front one on back lined up. we had dozens and dozens of this style setup this way, and never once had a bend or a fail.

We used to stack a couple 6850 series like this!

you should be fine, aluminum or steel shelves will work.

Yeah I only own a two post rack not a four so I would have to get a beefy shelf.

All of ours were the two post, it worked fine they were just standard shelves, nothing special- if you use one on each side, it distributes the weight ok

How much do you think the server weighs?

All of ours were the two post, it worked fine they were just standard shelves, nothing special- if you use one on each side, it distributes the weight ok

How much do you think the server weighs?

I will weight but I assume about 30 lbs fully loaded... I dont want to put that much load on the ears. I think I will search for a shelf or two on craigs.

I think your confused about what Im saying, maybe I wasnt clear, the ears have nothing to do with this, you put a shelf on the rack front and back, facing outwards on each side.

The server just lays across the 2 shelves, you can put screws in to keep it from moving, but we never did. they just laid on the shelves just fine.

I got you. Yeah I was hoping to not have to have it sticking out like that. Guess I can't have my cake and eat it too. I will consider this as an option.

^ What he said. Center mounting on a 2 post rack. Any other way is asking for trouble.

Back