IBM1015M flashed to IT question

Danith

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
2,618
Does it just randomly assign the ports to drives? I ordered these http://www.monoprice.com/Product?ab...=10254&cs_id=1025406&p_id=8186&seq=1&format=2
(2 of them but only have 1 hooked up atm)

First I had the SDD hooked to 1 and HDD's hooked to 2-4 and SDD shows as sdc. Then I switched and hooked SDD to 2 and HDDs to 1,3-4 and SDD shows as sdd. :|

Should I even worry?

edit: Ahh, rebooted after putting the SDD back to 1 and HDD's 2-4 and now SDD is sde.... wonder if it has something to do with having the card passing through esxi to the vm.

edit2: found some info - http://forums.freenas.org/threads/disk-detection-order.15286/

Download the utility and ran it and manually set the ports to = the physical ports instead of auto. Also, according to the card, I have the cable in the 8087 cable in the port 0 port, but in the utility it says the active ports are 4-7. Wonder if flashing to IT changed some things around. Going to put it in the 1 slot and see if it shows 0-3 now.

---

Before I switched the cable on the card from 0 to 1, scanning the drives is showing them in reverse order (like that link above mentioned in his post). cable 1 is listed as phy # 7, 2 is 6, etc.. weird.

Upon switching to labeled port 1, Phy ports show as 0-3, but still reversed. So I think flashing to IT changed the labeled ports around (port 0 is closest to bracket, port 1 closets to middle of card). not sure about the reverse though. Maybe I'll just throw it back on auto and live with it :)

Hopefully this ghetto blog can help someone :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top