iBIOS ?

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hello so i switched mb and its a different chipset. but still using same drives so my ? is do i have to flash the bios just cause i am using a different mb with my same drives ?, there is no bios update so do i bother to flash it with the same version? like is the bios stored on hard drive or in the mb ? sorry hope i am making sense!!!

bios and drivers are two different things...
no you dont need to flash the bios, which is part of the motherboard.

ah ok perfect only do it if there is an up date. thanks so much
Bios updates should only be done if you need to, i.e. if you have issues or intend to add hardware that is otherwise unsupported (like new cpu's), this may be needed more frequently at the start of radical new hardware like AMD's recent switch to the AM5 platform.

Bios updates should only be done if you need to, i.e. if you have issues or intend to add hardware that is otherwise unsupported (like new cpu's), this may be needed more frequently at the start of radical new hardware like AMD's recent switch to the AM5 platform.
but ? u say new cpu am5 but also its a brand new board only made for am5 im saying like i feel the board was made for the new cpu so if there is an update should i still do it? thanks

but ? u say new cpu am5 but also its a brand new board only made for am5 im saying like i feel the board was made for the new cpu so if there is an update should i still do it? thanks
If the computer works fine as is I would not touch it un less they add somesthing you need.

If the computer works fine as is I would not touch it un less they add somesthing you need.
i am having one issue but the computer is working perfect i keep getting all different q codes from what i been seeing it means post cpu memory or something like that i just bought asus x670e-e and the amd 7950 3d and new memory but i am still using the same 2 m.2 drives from before any clue ? thanks

i am having one issue but the computer is working perfect i keep getting all different q codes from what i been seeing it means post cpu memory or something like that i just bought asus x670e-e and the amd 7950 3d and new memory but i am still using the same 2 m.2 drives from before any clue ? thanks
If you're getting memory qcodes then you need to suspect something is wrong with your memory. Eventually it should go through the codes and typically be "A0" when finishing.

no everytime it starts i get a diff code fro like 32 to 36
its normal for it to cycle. if its booting to windows, its fine.

watch for bios updates that say they improve performance and apply those. if and when new chips come out and you want to upgrade, update the bios. you dont need to apply every one.

Back