• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 970 help

skasol

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2006
Messages
152
I have an i7 970 that I been saving for a while, was trying to decide wether I shoul build another pc or go with an imac. I think I am going to do both so I need to build this pc. I am looking at an evga x58 classified for the mobo. I don't know what memory you guys would recommend and what cooling solution you recommend. I used to own a coolit freezone system which I sold and now I want to get something else for the new i7. any recommendations would be greatful.
 
The stock cooler that comes with it is pretty nice, but if you want to hit 4.0ghz+ I'd go with a Noctua NH-D14. For memory, a quality 2000MHZ kit should suffice.

The coolit freezone looks to be a closed loop cooling solution with a chiller, there are now closed loop liquid solutions from Corsair that are around the same price as the Noctua, but some high end air coolers are better cooling solutions and you don't have to deal with dead pumps or the unlikely leak.
 
Last edited:
Thank you very much for the reply. That's what I was wondering. I had to replace that pump on my cooit freezone once and it was a pain. I rather not do that again. Either a good water solution that is easy to install or a good fan. Thanks again. I will look into that fan. Thank you. Memory corsair would probably be my best bet right?
 
Back
Top