i5-3350P POST issues

SeaWulf

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
234
Hey all, I recently built a system for a co-worker with an ASRock B75M-DGS, which has onboard video, and a Core i5 3350P (which doesn't support onboard video).

The board has an AMI bios and plays 5 short beeps upon POST, which is an unspecified CPU error.

My question is: is that error because the CPU doesn't support onboard video, and will it go away when a video card is added?

I don't want to order a card if the issue is something else, but I don't know what to do. There isn't anything in the ASRock documentation on the issue.

Thanks (and sorry if this is the wrong section)

Jacob
 
Hey all, I recently built a system for a co-worker with an ASRock B75M-DGS, which has onboard video, and a Core i5 3350P (which doesn't support onboard video).

The board has an AMI bios and plays 5 short beeps upon POST, which is an unspecified CPU error.

My question is: is that error because the CPU doesn't support onboard video, and will it go away when a video card is added?

I don't want to order a card if the issue is something else, but I don't know what to do. There isn't anything in the ASRock documentation on the issue.

Thanks (and sorry if this is the wrong section)

Jacob

Your hunch is correct: The i5-3350P requires a discrete graphics/video card in order to work at all. The video out on B75, H77 and Z77 motherboards only serves as a "pass-through" from the CPU's integrated graphics processor. All CPUs with a "P" at the end of the model number do not have an integrated video processor.
 
Back
Top