I thought ImgBurn was supposed to write files to CD?

Rob94hawk

2[H]4U
I'm trying to burn drivers on to a CD-RW using ImgBurn but after it's done burning the CD is blank. WTF?!?

Apparently there is nothing on the CD at all. This software sucks.

I'm gonna get another USB thumbdrive. It's so much more simple that this bullshit.

First off the software is amazing. Second. You're probably burning the file with ISO9660 + UDF. Switch it too ISO9660 + Joilet

LOL if you have trouble burning something to a CD how do you figure you will do well with the USB drive?

so he made a thread just to bash ImgBurn. mod should delete this whole thread.

LOL if you have trouble burning something to a CD how do you figure you will do well with the USB drive?

Because troll, there's no software screwing up the process of transfering a file from point a to point b.

ImgBurn is the best, but you might as well use a USB drive. You can reuse that space as opposed to using a CD (unless it's a RW of course).

ImgBurn is the best, but you might as well use a USB drive. You can reuse that space as opposed to using a CD (unless it's a RW of course).

It is a RW. The software must be screwed up and probably needs to be reinstalled. I've used it before on memtest and a few other things. Don't know why it's misbehaving now.

It is a RW. The software must be screwed up and probably needs to be reinstalled. I've used it before on memtest and a few other things. Don't know why it's misbehaving now.
My advice is not to bother anyway. As long as you can get into the BIOS, change boot order, and have a free USB port, a thumbdrive just as good as a CD (and smaller and more durable).

I just did a reinstall on my other rig and was trying to get the LAN drivers installed.

I'm trying to burn drivers on to a CD-RW using ImgBurn but after it's done burning the CD is blank. WTF?!?

Apparently there is nothing on the CD at all. This software sucks.

I'm gonna get another USB thumbdrive. It's so much more simple that this bullshit.

isn't ImgBurn for burning... Images to blank disks...

YOu can't use it to put files onto a disk just burn ISO's - well not unless you ask it to build an ISO 1st..

Get
http://cdburnerxp.se/download

if you are struggling with imgburn

isn't ImgBurn for burning... Images to blank disks...

YOu can't use it to put files onto a disk just burn ISO's - well not unless you ask it to build an ISO 1st..
Sure you can. At the beginning, just select Write Files / Folders to disc. The only other thing that I can think of (aside from being a messed up install) is that Output > Image File is selected as opposed to Device, but that'd mean there a bunch of images floating around somewhere.

This thread is awesome. The absolute best and most recommended simple burning software magically doesn't work! Uh Oh!

I have to say it. FAIL.

This thread is awesome. The absolute best and most recommended simple burning software magically doesn't work! Uh Oh!

I have to say it. FAIL.

Most disc problems are bad media and not the software. But yes i agree with you. And Nero has become bloatware.

Back