I think I am being scammed am I being a dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRT

Limp Gawd
I know that I am fairly new here, but I have been around the 'net forever and a day it seems like, but I just got a good one. Pardon how long this is.

In my business at times I will end up with a bulk of spare parts that we order just so if we have failures onsite during build out we don't have to wait on RMA. Lately we have been ending up with a decent number of hard drives, swap out processors and RAM. I usually try to dispose of most of it through CL, my step son building machines learning the value of a dollar, or a bulk buyer. Last year I get an eMail from this guy from a CL add about some of these drives. I end up selling him 40 or so drives, then in December we had a transaction that I decided was kind of weird, so I haven't sent him the bulk buyers list since.

Late last month(a little over 90 days since the transaction) I get an eMail that "hey I didn't receive this package of 6TB drives", I said ok I will search through the shipping information and look into it. So we looked through everything, and can't find the information.

One thing about this guy is he wanted to use his own FedEx/UPS account number so he has the tracking information and could look it up easily. I had just deleted the eMails, we have a retention policy of 90 days due to legal on corporate side. I spent hours with my UPS store going through their old records etc. finally today I am done with it and eMail the guy saying here, you claim you are missing 6, so I will have a guy meet you in Riverside about 2 hours from where you are you pay for 10 and you get 13 and in two weeks we will do the same transaction again.

He said he doesn't have the time to drive 2 hours to do that, why don't you just send me 12 drives at half price and I will pay you through PayPal and pay for shipping. I told him no, I don't want to deal with this same thing in 90 days, sorry that is the deal. I also told him if he let me know in 30 days or even 45 days that I would do it, but not 90 days. Mind you I live in Vegas, and I was going to send them to a guy in Riverside to meet him there. At this point I am shipping him nothing, cash and carry only!

I know he needs the drives as he just sent an eMail to an advertisement saying he needed them.

I feel I am going over the top. What would you guys do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back